This product aims to meet the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a car service, MOT, or repair with GMP Autocare.
- A contract will be binding between GMP Autocare and the customer upon the booking of “car service”.
- If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
- GMP Autocare will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work, must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
- If the car service cannot be done within 1 day due to circumstances beyond Connect Autocare’s control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts availability or additional work reported and authorised taking longer to complete.
- Each quote given by GMP Autocare Ltd will include the element of VAT as required by law.
- All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
- There is a 12 month parts & labour guarantee on work done by a GMP Autocare garage.
- Once the car service has finished, payment will be taken over the phone either by debit card or credit card – only upon cleared funds for all work done, will the car be returned to the customer.
- GMP Autocare does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at a GMP Autocare garage.
- The customer has the right to cancel his car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
- Collection & Delivery is FREE at GMP Autocare and the insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by a GMP Autocare garage will normally be covered by the garage’s insurance. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of the excess on the insurance. Also the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, the GMP Autocare Garage will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance.
- GMP Autocare will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by GMP Autocare’s employees, agents or representatives’ negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
- GMP Autocare will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
- GMP Autocare will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of GMP Autocare.
- Health & Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customer’s vehicle is serviced.
- Any complaint with respect to any car service done by GMP Autocare must be restricted to communications with GMP Autocare only and not the garages. GMP Autocare will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues, or problems unless all correspondence remains with GMP Autocare.
- GMP Autocare will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, GMP Autocare will notify the customer accordingly.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY CONNECT AUTOCARE IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.
For more information regarding our products and services please call the telephone 0330 100 4910 – Option 4